Liddleworks Indie Media is a boutique agency offering customized solutions to enhance our clients’ online reputation and growth. Our services include website development, SEO, web hosting services, social media management and strategy, Facebook ads, blog articles, newsletters, SEM, full-service hosting and content management.
In a competitive marketplace, we are set apart by our concern for the greater good reflected in our sustainability practices and our social consciousness. We attract clients and partners who desire the creativity and caring that a boutique agency can offer. Our personal attention keeps us constantly striving to create the best online reputation for our clients, such as networking, campaigns, blogs, etc.
If you have 1-3 years of experience in a social media capacity and want to join a team where your entrepreneurial drive will be valued, this could be the right opportunity for you.
We are seeking a part-time moving quickly to full-time Social Media Manager employee who is digital and marketing savvy, outgoing, creative, and passionate about helping clients achieve their dreams using the power of an online presence. This role reports directly to the President and works alongside a small team of other professional contractors. We are currently looking for someone under 30 who lives in British Columbia, Canada to qualify for an employment grant.
The successful candidate will be a a quick learner and capable of troubleshooting in a variety of areas, provide social media support to our digital marketing team, and most importantly, demonstrate our core values of High Standards, Accountability, Respect, Support, and Appreciation.
The part-time leadig to full-time Social Media Manager will work remotely and effectively from their own adequate office space. The contract hourly rate for this role is $22 to $32 depending on experience. The hours will be consistent and focused on a morning start time.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, read on…
- Attention to detail: You embody the meaning of anything worth doing is worth doing right. Nothing falls through the cracks while you’re on the job and your attention to accuracy doesn’t slow you down. You’re a fast worker but we can always count on you to pay attention to the little details while keeping the bigger strategy in mind.
- Outstanding organizational skills: You know what a naming convention is and you know how to use it. You consistently follow processes and use established operational systems correctly. You get that being organized is critical to working remotely as part of a team.
- People skills: You are a customer service superhero, anticipating and being pro-active to meet the clients’ needs.
- Confidentiality, diplomacy and professionalism: These are not just words to you, they are a state of being. You don’t get flustered easily. You are patient, level- headed and cool under pressure.
- Confident not cocky: You’re the sort of person who will ask plenty of questions to ensure you understand the task before starting it. If you mess up or get stuck, you are quick to ask for help or clarification. You’re confident enough to speak up if something doesn’t seem quite right and mature enough to learn from your mistakes. You never “stick your head in the sand!”
- Comfortable on the phone: You aren’t afraid of making phone calls when required. You communicate just as clearly on the phone as you do in writing. You’re prepared to make and take video calls throughout the workday.
- Coachable: This may be a word your past employers might use to describe you. You are willing to learn from others and equally confident in contributing your knowledge to an existing knowledge base. You know what your limits are and defer to expert opinion honestly. You love to learn!
- Strong Work Ethic: You have a superior work ethic as a self-starter, you’re eager to meet objectives and excited to take on more responsibility as soon as you’re ready. You use this self-motivation to identify opportunities for enhancing processes and campaigns. You’ll turn research into actionable tasks.
- Collaborative: Troubleshooting without being micromanaged is how you’d prefer to work. You possess creative problem-solving skills with the capacity to assess risks, diagnose challenges, make reasoned decisions, develop innovative solutions, and identify opportunities.
- Social: You like meeting people (when we’re not isolating) and networking online. You use your online and offline networking skills to leverage our clients’ and Liddleworks’ message because you understand the value of that content.
- Creative and Logical: You like having the ability to switch between the creative side of marketing to the analytical/technical side and you’re able to demonstrate why your ideas are analytically sound.
- Advanced writing and proofreading skills: Writing for the web is something you do with ease. You have advanced writing and proofreading skills with experience writing in modern Canadian and American English. You understand how to adjust your tone and writing style, depending on the context and client.
- Visual marketing is your jam. You have an eye for design and how to layout content to be visually appealing. You’re capable of making small tweaks to visual collateral, like adding text over an image in Adobe InDesign or Spark. You know how to work with professional graphic designers.
- Capable with Platforms: Restyling WordPress themes is something you can do without much direction. You can manage content updates on Shopify and Squarespace sites. You are familiar with bulk email platforms like Constant Contact and Mailchimp.
- Up to Date: You possess up-to-date knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of online marketing campaigns. You understand factors influencing search engine rankings, including on-page SEO.
- Digital + Marketing: It’s obvious that you have been professionally immersed in social media or digital marketing. You understand the intricacies of the digital universe from a brand’s perspective. You’re comfortable with all of the features within YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Google My Business.
- Pro-active Administrator: You don’t need assistance in navigating admin features of social platforms and digital tools. For example, you would know how to claim a Yelp account, track shortened links, merge duplicate social accounts, operate a private Facebook group, rebrand a YouTube channel, or claim a LinkedIn Company Page.
- Domain and ReDirecting: You know a thing or two about domains and hosting and technical SEO, like 301 redirects. Even if you don’t know how to do all the technical work, you know the basics and what needs to be done and you can delegate.
- Tools Used Daily: GSuite, Google My Business, Trello, Hootsuite, Raven Reports, Keeper, WordPress, Platforms: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Yelp
- Additional Assets: BONUS points if you:
- have set up G-Suite accounts or (even better) have your GSuite Certification
- can wield a camera and live-tweet at a client event (online for now)
- are familiar with Raven Reports and can provide analysis on digital analytics.
Examples of day-to-day tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Creating images in Canva or Adobe Spark
- Creating Ripl videos (or similar)
- Proof reading and osting blog posts with on-page SEO mark-up
- Paraphrasing videos for blog articles
- Short-form content writing
- Claiming or merging digital assets on behalf of clients
- Updating WordPress themes and uploading content
- Content management for Shopify and Squarespace sites
- Communicating with clients
- Posting and scheduling social posts across platforms
- …and more!
- Post-Secondary Education/Diploma in Marketing, Digital Communications.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Ready to Apply
Please send your application to [email protected] and show us how well you follow instructions! Please include:
- A cover letter that describes your fit for this position
- Your current resume / CV / creative portfolio
- Links to your social media accounts
- Examples of your most successful social media posts
- An example of a website you’ve worked on.
Applicants must be under 30 and be located in BC to fit with an employment grant opportunity. This position may be funded by the government of Canada under Digital Skills for Youth program. At this time we are not accepting interest from other agencies. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
If this isn’t the job for you or if you’ve already found your dream job, please pass this on to somebody whose skills you admire!