We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer freelancer (no agencies, please) who is capable of providing ad hoc design support to our digital marketing team. Liddleworks Indie Media is a boutique agency offering customized solutions to enhance our clients’ online reputation and growth. Our services include website development, SEO, web hosting services, social media management and strategy, Facebook ads, blog articles, newsletters with CASL compliant contact management, SEM, full service hosting and content management.
We’re looking for someone who is digital and marketing savvy, outgoing, creative, and passionate about helping clients achieve their dreams using the power of an online presence and able to troubleshoot in a variety of areas. If you have 3-5 years of experience as in a design capacity and want to join a team where your entrepreneurial drive will be valued, this could be the right opportunity for you.
In a competitive marketplace, we are set apart by our concern for the greater good reflected in our sustainability practices and our social consciousness. We attract clients and partners who desire the creativity and caring that a boutique agency can offer. Our personal attention keeps us constantly striving to create the best online reputation for our clients, such as networking, campaigns, blogs, etc.
The Graphic Designer reports directly to the Principal and will collaborate with and support a small team of other professional contractors. If you don’t have experience with all the platforms/skills listed, but are a quick learner who embodies most of the below AND our core values of High Standards, Accountability, Respect, Support, and Appreciation then you may be “The One” we’re looking for!
- You embody the meaning of anything worth doing is worth doing right. Nothing falls through the cracks while you’re on the job and your attention to accuracy doesn’t slow you down. You’re a fast worker but we can always count on you to pay attention to the little details while keeping the bigger strategy in mind.
- Outstanding organizational skills come as a perk of hiring you. You know what a naming convention is and you know how to use it. You consistently follow processes and use established operational systems correctly. You get that being organized is critical to working remotely as part of a team.
- Confidentiality, diplomacy and professionalism are not just words to you, they are a state of being. You don’t get flustered easily. You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure. You are a customer service superhero!
- You’re the sort of person who will ask plenty of questions to ensure you understand the task before starting it. If you mess up or get stuck, you are quick to ask for help or clarification. You’re confident enough to speak up if something doesn’t seem quite right and mature enough to learn from your mistakes.
- You aren’t afraid of making phone calls when required. You communicate just as clearly on the phone as you do in writing. You’re prepared to make and take video calls throughout the workday.
- “Coachable” is a word your past employers might use to describe you. You are willing to learn from others and equally confident in contributing your knowledge to an existing knowledge base. You know what your limits are and defer to expert opinion honestly.
- You have a superior work ethic as a self-starter, you’re eager to meet objectives and excited to take on more responsibility as soon as you’re ready. You use this self-motivation to identify opportunities for enhancing processes and projects.
- Troubleshooting without being micromanaged is how you’d prefer to work. You possess creative problem-solving skills with the capacity to assess risks, diagnose challenges, make reasoned decisions, develop innovative solutions, and identify opportunities.
- You like meeting people (when we’re not isolating) and networking online. You use your online and offline networking skills to leverage our clients’ and Liddleworks’ message because you understand the value of that content.
- Your right (creative) and left (logical) brain hemispheres process information with ease and speed. You have the ability to switch between the creative side of marketing to the analytical/technical side and you’re able to demonstrate why your ideas are analytically sound.
- You have a clear understanding of maintaining brand integrity. You update branding documents when new components are added for future reference.
- Visual marketing is your jam. You have an eye for design and how to layout content to be visually appealing. You’re capable of making tweaks to visual collateral, like adding text over an image in Adobe InDesign or Spark. You know when to work with senior graphic designers.
- Restyling WordPress themes is something you can do without much direction. Experience with the Avada theme is ideal.
- You can manage content updates on Squarespace and Shopify sites.
- You are familiar with bulk email platforms like Constant Contact and Mailchimp, particularly creating branded templates.
- You possess basic knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of online marketing campaigns. You understand factors influencing search engine rankings, including on-page SEO.
- It’s obvious that you have been professionally immersed in both print and digital design. You understand the intricacies of the digital universe from a brand’s perspective. You’re comfortable with providing visual assets for websites and social media platforms. You know when the project requires Adobe Photoshop or Spark Post.
- You are a morning person with consistent, business hours who is adept at working from your home office.
- BONUS points if you:
- if you know a thing or two about domains and hosting and technical SEO, like 301 redirects. Even if you don’t know how to do all the technical work, you know the basics and what needs to be done and you can delegate.have set up G-Suite accounts or (even better) have your GSuite Certification
- have some project management experience
- can wield a camera and live-tweet at a client event
- can set up campaigns in Raven Reports
Examples of day-to-day tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Adjusting design files
- Creating Ripl videos
- Designing WordPress themes and uploading content
- Creating custom website design files to be handed off to a developer
- Content management for Shopify and Squarespace sites
- Communicating with clients
- Writing and scheduling the occasional social media content, we have someone for this already.
- Proofreading and publishing blogs with SEO markup
- …and more!
Technology we use daily includes:
- Tools: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Spark Post, Ripl, GSuite, Google My Business, Trello, Hootsuite, Raven Reports, Keeper.
- Platforms: WordPress, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube.
- Post-Secondary Education/Diploma in Design.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
How to Apply
This is 15-20 hours per week, contract work with the opportunity for regular full-time contract / employment for the right fit within three months. Compensation $25 – $35 per hour, and commensurate with experience.
Interested? Please send your application to [email protected] and show us how well you follow instructions! To be considered, applicants must include:
- A cover letter that describes your fit for this position
- Your current resume / CV / creative portfolio
- Links to your social media accounts
- Links to websites you’ve worked on.
If this isn’t the job for you or if you’ve already found your dream job, please pass this on to somebody whose skills you admire. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for a screening interview.
Applications are being accepted while this post is public. Interviews will begin Jun 27. Onboarding asap.